Thursday, March 22, 2007

Why would anyone want to wait at the traffic signal?

There is a traffic signal at a junction near Alka theatre in the main city area. If you are waiting at the traffic signal diagonally opposite to Alka theatre in front of you, across the road, you will find a huge shitty hoarding, which is countdown for the Commonwealth Games Pune to be held in 2008. But many people like me remember the spot being famous for a very unique hoarding put up by an ad agency called Asha publicity.

I say unique because on this hoarding Asha publicity use to recognize and appreciate the efforts of people from different walks of life. People featuring on this hoarding would be pursuing different profession…at times an artist, a painter, singer, a cop, an author, film maker, banker or a common person with some remarkable achievement. The best part about this hoarding was, whoever was the copywriter working at Asha publicity knew his job well. The way he or she played with words was amazing…always interesting to read when you waiting for red to go green.

Even today, every time I pass that road I look at that hoarding hoping to find another interesting ‘piece of art’ by Asha Publicity. Instead I find the shitty Commonwealth Games countdown, which has still almost a year to go. I’m waiting for the Commonwealth games to start just so that (I hope) the Asha Publicity hoardings are back.


PS: I don’t work for Asha publicity or I’m not related to them in any way just in case you think I’m marketing for them ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Rujuta,
welll the articles really good...it shows your affection towards Asha hoarding...and i know you dont work for them...
But still one gets used to things around you...some miss tea stalls due to road widening some miss their beggers ( people are loyal to the beggers too )heheheeh...so no wonder you miss that hoarding...i really cant elaborate this comment sorry for that, but I really liked your article or can i say your feelings...
keep postin
vishal sawant

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home